Friday 29 August 2014

Jurong Bird Park

This may be one of those posts that is more pictures than words. I am never sure what to think of Bird Parks as generally what you are going to see is being kept in a cage. They had an offer on at this one though so I thought I would check it out.


The pictures are a selection of what I saw: penguins, parrots, flamingos, terrapins, vultures, owls lots of other birds I don't remember the names of. The aviary was particularly good as you were then inside the large cage, in this case a net, rather than being on the outside looking in. It even had its own waterfall and it was here I saw the nasty looking spider. I have seen this type once before spanning the path on my running trail and ever since I keep my eyes open for them. Nobody wants to run through the web of that beastie!

All in all quite a nice day out although I think that mostly depends how much you like birds!















2 comments: